What the Royal Society Bridge Club "is"; or perhaps
more accurately, "is not".
- We have no charter
- We have no by-laws
- We do have officers, but we never know who they are at any particular
time and more important, we don't care to know!
- We do not elect officers. Nor do we select them. Any member may hold
any office whenever he or she feels so inclined. We don't really care because we wouldn't pay any attention to any of our
officers, even if we knew who they were!
- RSBC members, Conservative, Independent or Liberal are in effect...
- We do things by mutual agreement or acclimation if you prefer.
To my knowledge we have yet to take a vote on anything
- Be it known without exception. We are patriots!
- We have no treasury, because we have no dues, thus we have no money.
If we had any money in a treasury, we would probably blow it on buying drinks anyhow.
- We have raised tens of thousands of dollars for charities over the
years through our Celebrity Roasts. Many members want to start up the roasts again, but losing two of our key organizers,
has slowed us down and dampened our spirits a little, but we will bring back the Roasts one day!! Lord knows, we have enough
- We have no regular meetings, but we do meet regularly by whim or
- We do have a club mascot, the great North American Pijowl. This creature
is now ~extinct because it could not reproduce. A rare painting of this creature hangs in our Royal Entrance Hall-see below
for a full detailed explanation!
- We do not participate in any organized activities, but we are very
active. We go Christmas Caroling on a trolley with piano during the holidays... We have taken bus trips and even ocean cruises
to international destinations. However, no one to this day has ever figured out how they were ever organized or by whom...
- To our knowledge no one who knows how to play bridge has ever been
- We have no known criteria for membership! There is no formal application
process. We do have a Royal Application and a Royal Membership committee, but we don't know who the committee members
are. Therefore, membership application can be a long process.
- Our current membership ranges from the unemployed and retired, to
former vice-presidents of the United States, Nobel Peace Prize winners and Congressional Leaders. But....most of all, no one
cares what level of society, education, politics. profession or business you might have attained, nor how much money you have
or don't have.....
......for in the words of Rhett
Butler: "Frankly Scarlett, we don't give a damn!"
Learn the incredible legend of
Copyright © 2008 - RSBC The Royal Society Bridge Club & The Widow Fletcher's
All images and facts in these pages are the property of the RSBC and WFT of Hampton,
Duplication, reproduction or use of these pages is not permissable without the
written permission of the
Widow Fletcher's Tavern, 401 Lafayette Road, Hampton, NH 03842 • (603) 926-8800